A few weeks ago I was attending a family funeral. I wanted to find out the directions to the church and then the cemetery. Thank goodness for Google Maps as I would not have found either. The Google Business Profile for each appeared and I was able to get there in time.
What is a Google Business Profile?
A Google Business Profile is a listing that appears when you Google the name of the business. It appears on a computer on the right-hand side of the search results page and on Google Maps. On mobile it is the first thing you see. It shows you an information panel about the business. Here’s what I found about the Cemetery:
- The name, address and phone number.
- A map showing its location.
- Opening hours and availability.
- Photos, videos, updates (like Facebook posts) and services.
- Customer reviews and ratings.
- A description of the Cemetery.
- Links to the website and social media profiles.
- Other relevant information about the Cemetery.
This was helpful. And it was interesting to see information added by the Cemetery such as the history of the Cemetery.
Why claim your Google Business Profile listing?
It’s important to make sure you have claimed and verified your listing on Google. When people click on your listing, they will learn more about your Funeral Home, Crematorium or Cemetery.
Here are some more reasons why you should claim your Google Business Profile:
- Your Funeral Home, Cemetery or Crematorium will appear on Google Maps.
- Able to manage how your listing appears on Google Search and Maps.
- Able to respond to customer reviews, messages and manage your online reputation.
- Add photos, videos, and other content to your Business Profile to showcase services.
- Allows you to track how people are interacting with your listing on Google. Providing you with valuable insights into the performance of your listing. And help you make informed decisions about how to improve your online presence.
How to get a Google Business Profile?
Claiming and verifying your Google Business Profile is very easy. To claim follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.google.com/business/ and click on “Get on Google”
- Sign in to your Google account, or create one if you don’t already have one.
- Enter the name of your business, and select it from the list of suggestions that appears. If your business is not listed, click on “Add your business to Google”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to verify your business and complete the claim process.
- Once verified, you can start managing your Business Profile. Log into https://www.google.com/business/ and click on “Manage now”.
- You can add or edit information about your business. For example, your hours, location, and contact information. You can also respond to customer reviews. As well as upload photos and videos, and track the performance of your Business Profile.
Claiming your listing and optimising your Google business profile will help you improve the visibility of your Funeral Home, Cemetery & Crematorium. You can manage what is on it and your online reputation. And gain valuable insights into the performance of your listing. It will give you full control over the profile and help families and future staff find you faster.
Want help with your Google Business Profile to reach more people?
If you are a Funeral Director, Celebrant or Supplier wanting to make the most of your Google listing, I can help. For more information, visit the website, book a call or email me at email@example.com.
Are you finding it a challenge to market your funeral business?
I will work with you to understand your unique needs. I will develop a plan with you that will help you market your funeral services. We will look at online and offline marketing opportunities for your business. I will help you understand the best way to attract new families and future staff. Book a free consultation and let’s have a chat about your Google Business Profile.
And here are the services I provide:
– Marketing Advice Session
– Silver Plan
– Gold Plan
– Platinum Plan
My Blog and more
If you would like to read a few of my blogs click here. I have other resources such as a podcast which you might find interesting. And if you would like some weekly updates here’s where you can sign up.
Thanks for reading.